What can you do?
- Report suspected child abuse to Child Welfare, (800) 386-4090
- Volunteer in your community or at your local school, (707) 994-4647
- Donate to a local charity or children’s cause
- Learn more about preventing child abuse
- Reach out to other parents – we are stronger together
- Further the goals of the Children’s Council
Contact: Ana Santana, Chair, Lake County Children’s Council, Lake County Office of Education, (707) 263-8918 ext 295 for more information. The Children’s Council is made possible through a grant from the Office of Child Abuse Prevention, the Children’s Trust Fund and LCDSS and the annual budget is available at our public meetings.
5 Ways you can help a family in 5 minutes!
- Donate $5 to the Children’s Trust Fund.
- Look up a resource in your community to share with others
- Engage a busy toddler to give a parent a 5 minute stress break.
- Teach someone your best age-appropriate parenting tip.
- Advocate for children by calling or writing your local elected officials.
Thank you on behalf of the Children’s Council.