The Children’s Council is a community council with the primary purpose of coordinating efforts to prevent and respond to child abuse and neglect.
The Children’s Council is open to anyone who is interested. Current membership includes representatives from public and non-profit agencies, community groups and parents.
The Children’s Council works to:
- Raise community awareness about child abuse and neglect
- Provide resources and education to organizations and community groups
- Encourage and facilitate public and community support for child abuse and neglect prevention that responds to local needs
- Educating service providers working with families about the Mandated Reporter Law, Risk and Protective Factors for families and how to prevent child abuse and neglect
- Engage parents as leaders in child abuse and neglect prevention activities.
The council meets quarterly at Lake County Office of Education, 1152 S. Main Street, Lakeport, CA. All meetings are open to the public and everyone is welcome.
Next Meeting: Wednesday, December 5, 2018; 1-2:30pm
The CC Executive Council also meets quarterly and provides oversight and direction for the council. Click here for Executive Council Membership.